Thursday, October 4, 2012

update: cover reveal details!

As mentioned yesterday, the folks at Harper have given me the green light to share the cover for WILD AWAKE as of this Monday, October 8th. Hurray!

I am writing this from a public computer with one of those freaky countdown timer things that log you off after twenty minutes, ten of which I have already spent re-writing the previous sentence several dozen times and five of which I have spent staring at the countdown timer and feeling rushed, so I will keep this short, BUT:

In celebration of said cover reveal, I will be offering THREE lucky winners a query critique and TEN lucky winners a handwritten, personal, very special letter from somewhere in Morocco. I am an exuberant letter-writer (ask any of my penpals) and will endeavor to use only the prettiest Moroccan stamps.

If you would like to win a query critique or a handwritten, personal, very special letter from Morocco, all you have to do is leave a comment on Monday's cover reveal post. You don't even need to say anything in your comment; some keyboard gibberish such as kldkhwekundksjsshfhw will do just fine. Winners will be chosen at random and listed in a future post. Contest closes on Tuesday.

It makes me so happy to have people with whom to share such booknerdish delights as cover reveals, and I do hope you'll stop in on Monday and leave some gibberish so I can write you a letter or ponder your query.

'Til Monday!

-H

14 comments:

  1. That's so exciting Hilary! One step closer to the big release :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, heather! it's starting to feel real...

      Delete
  2. Heck, I'll even leave some gibberish today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited for you!! I'll check back on Monday to share the enthusiasm for your cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've heard a lot of amazing things about your book - can't wait to get the first glimpse of the cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uuuurrrrrrrrr! *hides head under blanket* I think I am going to be one of those people who has to stick their fingers in their ears and go "la-la-la-la-la" when people are talking about my book, in real life or online...at least in the beginning...

      Delete
  5. You got me. I'm counting down to Monday. That's only XX hours away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. Congratulations. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it weird that I'll delurk in hopes of getting a letter from a total stranger sent from a faraway land? I guess I don't really need that answer. But I do love letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not weird at all! I am the biggest blog lurker of all time...when I try to write comments, they always come off awkward and nonsensical. but I love letters too. see you on Monday!

      Delete
  8. Nice article, thanks for the information.
    Steph @ sewa mobil jakarta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, some very convincing gibberish! come back Monday for your chance to win :)

      Delete