INTERN is too depressed after belatedly hearing the results of the Canada/US Olympic men's hockey game on Sunday to write an actual post today, so instead please find below the shortlist for the Bookseller/Diagram Prize in recognition of the worst book title. (via The Bookseller)
INTERN's vote is for number 5 in the list!
• David Crompton's Afterthoughts of a Worm Hunter
• James A Yannes' Collectible Spoons of the Third Reich
• Daina Taimina's Crocheting Adventures with Hyperbolic Planes
• Ronald C Arkin's Governing Lethal Behavior in Autonomous Robots
• Ellen Scherl and Maria Dubinsky's The Changing World of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
• Tara Jansen-Meyer's What Kind of Bean is This Chihuahua?
The Diagram Prize was established in 1978 to provide entertainment at the Frankfurt Book Fair (thanks Wikipedia!) and the first (and possibly the best) winner was an attractive little volume entitled Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice. Results of this year's prize are announced on March 26!